The North Face Crestone Goretex XCR Khaki Man:
If you want a hiking shoe that offers responsive, grippy performance in a lightweight, low-cut package, opt for the Men’s Crestone GTX XCR® Shoes.
Theyre sleek, streamlined design belies the technology and sturdiness at play here, leaving athletes well equipped for day hikes in challenging conditions all year round.
A Gore-Tex® Extended Comfort Range membrane delivers waterproof protection, while a high-traction Vibram® outsole ensures sound grip across tricky terrain.
Ample support is delivered by the Northotic Pro footbed and a Heal Cradle Pro system that stabilises the heel area, enhanced by X-2 cushioning at key points.
The nubuck and suede upper meanwhile features breathable mesh panels for comfort.
- A lightweight, traditional day-hiker with a supportive upper, GORE-TEX® waterproof membrane and durable, high-traction Vibram® outsole; ideal for year-round peak bagging.
- Gore-Tex® Extended Comfort Range waterproof, breathable membrane
- Combination nubuck and suede leather upper with breathable mesh panels
- Northotic Pro upgraded EVA footbed with Poron® ReSource heel and forefoot cushioning pads and ESS Heal Cradle Pro support
- 80% post-consumer recycled Bi-Fit insole board is ergonomically tuned to achieve the desired flexibility level
- X-2 dual-density, compression-molded EVA midsole with Heal Cradle rearfoot support system
- Exclusive Vibram® rubber outsole
- Approx. weight: * ½ pair: 463 g pair: 926 g
GORE-TEX® FOR FOOTWEAR:
Provides durable waterproof protection from rain and snow.
The North Face® Heal Cradle consists of a polyurethane (PU) foundation with five pegs protruding vertically from it. A soft EVA panel is placed over the pegs, locking the two together like building blocks. The top layer of soft EVA has a slightly cupped shape that literally cradles the heel, helping to stabilize it in the process. It also works with the underlying PU to absorb impact. Lastly, it offers more lateral/medial stability, positioning the foot for a smooth transition into the next stage of the stride cycle.
NorthFit outfit the outdoor athlete with the most precise fit between the human foot and a footwear last, as they both relate to the demands of the activity.
The Northotic is a multi-density footbed that provides enhanced stability, support and cushioning on the trail.
VIBRAM® OUTSOLE TECHNOLOGIES:
We collaborated with Vibram, long respected for quality and durability, to create various outsoles (Vibram® Humbolt Outsole, Vibram® Mikeno Outsole, Vibram® Walsh Outsole, and Vibram® Rubber Outsole Compound) with superior traction, stability and protection.