The North Face Hedgefrog Fossil Woman:
If you can’t quite choose between sandal and shoe, get the best of both worlds with the amphibious and stylish Women’s Hedgefrog.
Equally good for light trail assignments or river or sea-based activities, it delivers sound support and sure-footed grippiness wherever you’re headed.
The former comes courtesy of a midsole with X-2™ cushioning in the footbed, keeping feet comfortably protected as they pick their way over uneven ground.
A dual-traction, HydroTrak®™ outsole meanwhile takes care of grip, offering deep surface contact on one side and multi-directional lugs on the other to provide bite on both wet and dry land.
The top sole accelerates drainage when the Hedgefrog fills with water, and the upper dries quickly again afterwards.
- Water-friendly, synthetic nubuck with quick-drying stretch mesh upper
- Quick-pull lace-lock system
- Hydrophobic SBR lining package
- Compression-molded EVA midsole with X-2 footbed cushioning
- Low-profile, high surface contact, non-marking HydroTRAK sticky rubber outsole
- Last: LTNF-S10-02. Women’s-specific shaped last provides footbed contour with medium volume throughout the instep
and a generous toe box for a precise yet comfortable fit.
- Approx weight: 1/2 pair: 234 g; pair: 468 g based on Women’s 7
Embedded in high-impact areas, such as the heel or forefoot, lightweight, durable X-2 cushioning ensures a well-padded ride and enables an energy-efficient stride.
A non-marking rubber outsole with TPU injection-molded shank ideally suited for wet environments.