Reviews about Magellan Magellan eXplorist 610
Magellan Magellan eXplorist 610:
Capture the outdoors in picture-perfect detail
Feature rich, innovative and affordable, the eXplorist 610 has it all: high sensitivity GPS, easy to read maps, accurate navigation, experience recording, compass and barometric altimeter.
The integrated 3.2 mega-pixel camera, microphone and speaker enable outdoor enthusiasts to record geo-tagged pictures, voice notes and video footage. Combined with a GPS track log, the eXplorist 610 allows you to create a complete geographic and multimedia record of each outdoor adventure. Relive the journey on the device, on your computer, or share with others on your favourite social network!
The on-board Quick Calibrate 3-axis Electronic Compass with Tilt Compensation means that whichever direction your travels take you, you’ll know exactly where you’re heading!
A Barometric altimeter provides truly accurate elevation readings and gives weather tracking, so you can roll with the highs and lows.
With preloaded ‘Summit Series Europe’, the eXplorist 610 includes detailed road, rivers and contour topographic maps. Create waypoints, record tracks, and route from point to point. Plus, download up to 10,000 paperless geocache GPX files.
Powered by two AA batteries (included), the device will last up to 16 hours using standard batteries, or up to 30 hours with Energizer Lithium. The eXplorist 610 captures your outdoor life in picture-perfect detail.
Boating is much more than navigating from A to B, and Navionics is much more than award winning cartography. In fact, Navionics is a world of products that enhance your enjoyment — on and off your boat. Whether you are contemplating your next outing or you are happily underway, Navionics works together with your plotter, iPad, smartphone or PC to facilitate planning, checking charts, viewing weather, and sharing your experiences with family and friends. Navionics is about having fun! Enjoy Navionics . . . Anytime, Anywhere.
- Core Outdoor Navigation Rugged and waterproof, the eXplorist combines high sensitivity GPS reception with aesthetic mapping and accurate navigation.
- Find your way using more than 30 navigational data fields.
- Create waypoints, record tracks, and route from point to point.
- Experience Recording Integrated 3.2 mega-pixel camera, microphone, and speaker enables outdoor enthusiasts to record geo-referenced images and voice notes.
- Relive your outdoor adventures on the device, on your computer, or share with others on various online communities.
- Superior Maps with 3D Perspective View The eXplorist series packs some of the most accurate maps into the palm of your hand.
- The World Edition map allows for 2D or 3D viewing angles and covers the globe with details roads and land use areas. Summit Series is a new breed of topographic outdoor maps covering various regions with high level of detail.
- City Series will add turn-by-turn routing to your handheld GPS receiver.
- 3.0" Touch Screen and Button Controls The best of both worlds, the eXplorist combines the user friendliness of a touch screen with the reliability of two customizable hard buttons.
- Program the hard buttons to your two favorite or most used functions.
- 3-axis Electronic Compass & Barometric Altimeter Always know exactly where you are going, which direction is north, and your accurate altitude about sea level with built-in sensors.
- Know the direction to the geocache while standing still. Measure barometric pressure over time to track changing weather conditions.
- Use a number of different digital compass to always understand your cardinal directions.
- Paperless Geocaching Download and view more than 20 unique characteristics of each cache and view, search, filter on the device.
- Details include name, location, description, hider, size, difficulty, terrain, hint, and recent logs created by other geocachers.
- 16 Hours of Battery Life Powered by two AA batteries, the eXplorist 710 will last up to 16 hours under normal conditions.
- To help conserve power, use the suspend mode to turn off the device but maintain GPS tracking.
- You can also adjust power management settings to your preference.
- OneTouch™ Menu Magellans award winning OneTouch™ favorites menu is now on our handheld devices.
- It provides instant access to bookmarks of favorite places. Set your home, base camp, and car.
- Easily re-assign a new location for each new adventure.
- 12 customizable icons to create personalized searches, save unique locations, or assign quick access to your favorite screens.
- Dimensions: 65.5mm x 128mm x 36.8mm
- Weight: 195g
- Battery Type: 2xAA
- Battery Life: 16 Hours
- Waterproof: IPX-7
- Speaker: Yes
- Available User Storage: 500MB
- CPU: 400MHz
- Expandable Memory: MicroSD
- Temperature Range: -10°C - 60°C
- Suspend Mode: Yes
- Display Resolution: QVGA, 240 x 400
- Screen Size: 3.0"
- Display Type: Color, Transflective
- Touch Screen: Yes
GPS and sensors:
- GPS Accuracy: 3 - 5 m
- High Sensitivity GPS: SiRFstarIII™
- Antenna Type: Multidirectional Patch
- 3 Axis Electronic CompassYes
- Barometric Altimeter: Yes
- WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS: Yes
Mapping and Navigation:
- Preloaded Maps: World Edition, Summit Series Europe
- Uploadable Maps: Yes
- Turn by Turn: No
User generated content:
- Accepts GPX Files: Yes
- Waypoints: 2,000
- Geocaches: 10,000
- Paperless Geocaching: Yes
- Picture Viewer: Yes
- Tracks: 200
- Points Per Track: 10,000
Interface and communications:
- Communication Protocol: USB Mass Storage
- USB Port: Yes
- NMEA Output: USB Only
Customers who purchased Magellan Magellan eXplorist 610
Customers who viewed Magellan Magellan eXplorist 610
LET US KNOW YOUR OPINION