The Alpha SV was created to address the need for a lightweight, streamlined, waterproof jacket that could work with a harness and withstand the severity of alpine terrain and climate conditions. Hardwearing, stripped down and unlike anything else at the time, the Alpha SV was introduced in 1998 and quickly became an icon. It still stands as an essential hardshell for any serious alpine, rock or ice climber willing to brave extreme conditions.
Constructed from N80p-X , a face fabric five years in development, the Alpha SV Jacket delivers exceptional durability, yet is supple and resilient. Engineered to shed water, snow and resist abrasion, the fabric utilizes larger yarns that are very tightly woven to create a smooth but highly abrasion resistant surface.
Arcteryx constantly refines their designs, seeking the most effective answers to unforgiving environments and technical problems. Constantly refined over time to improve function, the Alpha SV delivers essential, focused features. Traditional bellowed crossover pockets sit high and work with harness and packs, and the helmet compatible StormHood cinches tight and covers the neck, head and lower face. Removable HemLock inserts keep jacket in position while in use with a harness and WaterTight zippers seal out weather.
Arc’teryx e3D patterning provides enhanced mobility with a precise, clean, use specific fit that doesn’t sacrifice coverage. The Athletic fit is streamlined, but accommodates layers, and the Arc’teryx commitment to ergonomic freedom, especially vital while climbing, is a key aspect of the Alpha SV’s legendary performance.
- Highly durable
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Laminated high-strength hanger loop
- Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
- GORE-TEX Pro three-layer construction
- Generous cut for easy layering
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Gender specific patterning
- Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
- Articulated elbows
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Laminated brim
- Helmet compatible StormHood
- Glove-friendly hood adjusters
- Laminated chin guard
Zippers & Fly Configuration:
- WaterTight external zippers
- Pit zippers for easy venting
- WaterTight Vislon front zip
- Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain
- Micro corded zipper pulls
Cuff & Sleeves Configuration:
- Laminated die-cut Velcro cuff adjusters with elastic
Waist & Belt Configuration:
- Adjustable elastic waist drawcord
- Drop back hem
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Laminated hem
- Harness HemLock inserts keep jacket in position under harness
- Sleeve pocket with WaterTight zip
- Two internal laminated pockets
- Two high, crossover hand pockets with laminated zippers
- Note: Our WaterTight zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- Fully reinforced for maximum durability
- N80p-X GORE-TEX Pro 3L
- Weight: 455 g / 1 lb 0.1 oz
- Arcteryx Fit Guide - e3D:
Ergonomic 3-Dimensional (e3D) patterning brings an additional level of articulation to provide enhanced range-of-motion in our Trim, Athletic, and Expedition fit categories. The application of e3D patterning allows for enhanced mobility for sport-specific activities in challenging environments.
Climbing and alpinism focused pieces: harness compatible length and waistline; chest pockets accessible while wearing a pack or harness; maximum articulation for overhead motions; helmet compatible hoods; drop hem; highest possible durability-to-weight ratio; emphasis on lightweight materials.
- SV | Severe Weather:
Employs the most durable materials for prolonged use and provides the most weather protection in the harshest weather conditions.
- Machine wash in warm water (30°C).
- Double rinse.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Tumble dry on medium heat.
- Do not iron.
Completa tu compra de Arc Teryx Alpha SV con los accesorios de Ropa mujer y Chaquetas funda. Navega por el resto de categorías de trekkinn, tu tienda online especializada en montaña y consigue todos tus productos de montaña al mejor precio. ¡100% de garantía en todas tus compras con trekkinn!