`Remember me on this computer` option
Select the `Remember me on this computer` option if you wish to be automatically logged on to the computer in future. Your account will remain active for 45 days. Please do not use the `Remember me` option if using a computer with public access or that is used by more than one person.
View more related products to:
Rechargeable headlamp with self-adjusting lighting - REACTIVE LIGHTING technology
The rechargeable NAO headlamp adapts its two high power LEDs instantly and automatically to the lighting needs for greater comfort, fewer manual interventions and longer battery life. NAO is the first Petzl headlamp with REACTIVE LIGHTING technology: a sensor measures and analyzes the ambient light. The OS by Petzl software, free for download at www.petzl.com/OS, allows the NAO’s potential to be maximized with the option to personalize the headlamp and its performance.
Headlamp with REACTIVE LIGHTING technology has a sensor to detect ambient lighting, allowing it to adapt its beam pattern and the power of its two LEDs instantly and automatically to lighting needs.
The NAO headlamp:
- offers adapted, comfortable lighting
- keeps the hands free longer
- increases lighting duration by making optimal use of the energy source
Two lighting modes available:
- REACTIVE LIGHTING mode
- continuous mode
Customized lighting with OS by Petzl software (free for download at www.petzl.com/OS) allows the user to:
- regulate light intensity and lighting time and distance based on the activity
- register up to 4 activity profiles on the headlamp for direct activation based on your needs
- create up to 5 lighting levels per mode
- create and share personalized profiles
Li-Ion rechargeable battery:
- performs well at low temperatures
- easily rechargeable with the integrated USB connection (compatible with all USB chargers: cell phone, MP3 player, computer, portable energy source, solar panel, car cigarette lighter, etc.)
- with battery charge indicator
- can be replaced, if necessary, with two AAA/LR03 batteries (reduced performance)
Multifunction on/off switch can be locked to avoid accidentally turning it on when stored/transported
Headlamp is stable on the head with the Zephyr adjustable headband, which easily tucks away when transporting the headlamp, and the extra top strap for technical activities
Optional belt kit for NAO (E36R10) allows the rechargeable battery to be moved to the belt to reduce the weight worn on the head, or to keep it warm in winter
- Weight: 187 g
- Beam pattern: wide and/or focused
- Watertightness: IP X4 Resists extreme temperatures (-30 °C to + 50 °C)
- Lithium-Ion 2300 mAh rechargeable battery with an estimated battery life of 300 cycles (beyond this, the battery’s capacity is approximately 30 % lower than initially)
- Certification(s): CE
- Product comes with:
- Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery
- 30 cm USB cable
- top strap Packaging completely separable for recycling
The advantages of self-adjusting REACTIVE LIGHTING technology
REACTIVE LIGHTING technology is a revolution in hands-free lighting. A built-in light sensor adapts the headlamps beam pattern and light output instantly and automatically to suit the users needs. This means the user gets an ideal amount of light with minimal manual adjustment required. This self-adjusting lighting mode also results in longer burn times, due to more efficient use of the rechargeable battery.
The shape of the beam and the power of the headlamp instantly adapt to the need (lighting for close, medium or long-range vision), so the user always has the right amount of light.
A minimum of manual adjustments:
The headlamp automatically adapts to changes in surrounding light conditions, allowing the user to remain focused on the activity at hand without worrying about adjusting the headlamp.
Longer burn times:
REACTIVE LIGHTING technology increases burn time, due to more efficient use of the rechargeable battery. Lighting adapts to suit the need, reducing the use of wasteful, unnecessarily powerful lighting.
SELF-ADJUSTING REACTIVE LIGHTING mode:
Lighting adapts automatically according to need (light output and beam pattern). The self-adjusting lighting mode increases the burn time of the headlamp, due to optimized use of the rechargeable battery. Average lighting associated with the headlamp is calculated from field tests.
* Example of lighting curve for self-adjusting lighting. It varies according to headlamp use.
CONSTANT LIGHTING MODE:
Lighting is kept at a constant, generally high, intensity for the specific burn time associated with the headlamp and decreases significantly at the end of this period. This type of lighting is designed for trails, for example, where full power is important.
Self-adjusting lightingThe integrated light sensor is oriented in the same direction as the eyes; it measures and analyzes reflected light in order to instantly and automatically adjust the headlamps beam pattern (wide and/or focused) and light output to the users needs.
For proximity lighting:
- When looking at an object at close range, for example when reading a map, tying a knot or setting up a tent, the beam is very wide and less powerful. Lighting adjusts automatically to the distance of the object
- When walking, running, etc., the beam is wide and has medium strength in order to illuminate obstacles in the path.
For distance vision:
- When raising the head to see into the distance, looking for a trail marker or an anchor on a climb, for example, the light output increases and becomes more focused.
Welcome to our Petzl NAO special offer! Think in trekkinn when you want to renew your outdoor material. trekkinn is an online store that works together with the best national and international brands like Petzl so that you can find everything you are looking for to enjoy your life. Check out the available products in .
Click on the following link to get more information about:Specifications
Write a review or ask our dedicated team of experts a question
EASY & FAST RETURN
SECURE & SAFE